Golden Eagle

Golden Eagle
Nedra's Award Winning Golden Eagle

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Comments Moved From The Old Blog

Nedra, Wow this is great! I can’t wait to have the time to go all the way thru it. You are now in my favorites.
Kate Franchimon

Hi Pam, I do suggest you join my PyrographicArt group on Yahoo. There is a link on the right side of the blog’s page. It is a great place to meet other pyrographers, post your art work and get critiques. You will find pyrography mixed in at many woodcarving shows but it’s still growing and not all woodcarving shows have anyone in their groups who do pyrography. It’s grown since I started. Back when I started there were very few teachers or instructional books and those who did teach just taught basic line drawing and some teachers who could teach beginner skills but not much else. Now there are lots of instructors and lots of books. Amazing how much has changed since I started. So, don’t give up. Who knows you might find some local friends on the yahoo group. You might even find a carving group in your area that you didn't know about.
Nedra Denison

Hi Nedra, I am mostly working on general pyrography, but I would love to try gourds too. I just completed a logo and have come up with a name for my shop. I know I’m jumping the gun a bit, but I’m having fun and I have high hopes. I need tips on technique. I’m doing a lot of reading, but it would be nice to have a real person to critique what I’m doing and how I can improve. There are no pyrogrophers in my area that I know of. I’ve seen carvers at art shows, but I have never seen any pyrography, yet.
Pamela Bullock

Congratulations on working through the many obstacles and getting to this point where you can experience the rewards of accomplishment.
I, among others look forward to all that you have worked so hard to share with us.
If your blog is anything like your customer service, it will be a huge success.
Don Sharp

Hi Pam, I’m excited too. I really resisted doing one every time Tina suggested it but I’m glad I finally gave in. I was suffering from information overload learning how to deal with the new website and wasn’t sure my poor old brain could handle much more. I’m sincerely hoping that between my website and this blog I can help.
Are you interested more in gourds or pyrography and what aspect do you need help in?
Nedra Denison

I’m excited about your blog. Being a “newie” at this art form, I need all the help I can get.
Your website, “SawdustConnection” is the best on the Internet. The information you have posted has been so helpful. It’s so nice to have a place where I can find the help I need as well as quality products.
Pamela Bullock

Hi Nedra, congratulations on the first post on your new blog. I know you will do well with it.
Tina Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment